Roots of English: an Etymological Dictionary*
by Prof. Eugene Cotter, Seton Hall University
- Uninstall any earlier version of the Roots of English program downloaded prior to October 5, 1999.
- Click on the words "Click
here to download the 'Roots of English' application"
below to begin downloading.
- When prompted, choose to save
the file, "roots.exe," to the DESKTOP for best results. DO NOT PUT IT ANYWHERE ELSE, or complications (error messages) develop. (Netscape users
see below for help.)
- Once the download is complete, close your browser window. Go to your Desktop and double click on the "roots.exe" icon to install the program.
- Follow the directions on the
screen. (Beware of "finishing" the installation too
abruptly. It's best to allow a few moments after the installation
is complete before exiting.)
- Remember to restart your computer
after installing the program.
- To lauch the program, click
the "Roots of English" icon (one of four icons that
appears in the Roots Program folder on your desktop).
- You can also go to the Windows
Start Menu and select "Roots" under Programs, then
select "Roots of English" to launch the program.
- If you have any problems downloading
or installing the program, please email the Prof. Cotter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roots of English using Netscape
- When you begin to download the Roots of English program,
Netscape may show you a dialogue box that says, "Unknown
File Type: You have started to download a file type application/x-ibmexe..."
- Click on "Save File..." in
that dialogue box to save the roots.exe file to your DESKTOP.
- Once the download is complete, double
click on the "roots.exe" icon on your Desktop and follow the installation and launch instructions.
software is for use with Windows 95/98.
**The products referenced in this site
are provided by parties other than AbleMedia. AbleMedia makes
no representations regarding either the products or any information
about the products. Any questions, complaints, or claims regarding
the products must be directed to the appropriate owner. Click
here for usage terms and conditions.